Why choose the Darlac Dual Action Pruner?
The Darlac Dual Action Pruner is a top of the range ratchet pruner with an amazing dual mechanism feature that engages automatically. The ratchet engages when the branch is thicker – when thinner, the secateur stays in (standard) single cut mode. It couldn’t be simpler!
The squeeze/release action of ratchet pruning increases the pressure applied and reduces the effort required by up to 30% compared to conventional pruners, making them ideal for gardeners with dexterity issues or a weaker grip. The loop handle serves to protect the hand and also gives greater control, while the integral oil wipe allows for easy blade lubrication (load oil wipe from a standard oil can prior to use).
To open the pruners, simply squeeze the handles together and slide the catch back.
- Powerful ratchet dual action pruners
- Requires up to 30% less pressure
- Ideal for gardeners with dexterity issues
- Integral oil wipe feature
- Loop handle to protect hands and provide greater control
How to use Darlac ratchet pruners on thicker branches
- Place the pruner firmly over the branch as far as possible
- Squeeze handles together until resistance is felt
- Allow handles to open again until one click is herd
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 above until cut is complete
For thinner branches, simply use as a normal pruner.
For comprehensive care and garden pruner maintenance advice, check out the Darlac A Pruner for Life guide here.