Why choose the Darlac Super Classic Ratchet Pruner?
The Darlac Super Classic Ratchet Pruner is a top of the range ratchet pruner with slim profile handles. The squeeze/release action of ratchet pruning increases the pressure applied and reduces the effort required by up to 30% compared to conventional pruners, making them ideal for gardeners with dexterity issues or a weaker grip.
To open the pruners, simply squeeze the handles together and slide the catch back.
- Powerful ratchet action pruners
- Requires up to 30% less pressure
- Ideal for gardeners with dexterity issues
- PTFE coated blade for rust resistance and reduced friction
- SK5 carbon steel blade with a knife edge
- Curved anvil helps to trap branches
- Small hand profile for comfort
How to use Darlac ratchet pruners on thicker branches:
- Place the pruner firmly over the branch as far as possible
- Squeeze handles together until resistance is felt
- Allow handles to open again until one click is heard
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 above until cut is complete
For thinner branches, simply use as a normal pruner.
The blades are replaceable and can be purchased in kit form, please contact us for more information. Part of the wide range of gardening pruners available from Darlac Tools. Sharpen all Darlac pruners with our award-winning fine grade Darlac Diamond Sharpener.
For comprehensive care and garden pruner maintenance advice, check out the Darlac A Pruner for Life guide here.