The Harrogate Spring Essentials at the Great Yorkshire Showground, in Harrogate, was the first flower show of the season. We don’t know about you, but we are thrilled to see gardening events and county shows starting to take place. We’ve missed meeting people and seeing the inspirational flower displays.
It’s good to be back!
The Harrogate Spring Essentials is usually known as ‘The Harrogate Spring Flower Show’. It was slightly different this year as it was delayed, but it came back with a bang. Things were slightly different, of course, the layout was very spread out and you’ll notice fewer crowds, but this is to ensure it’s COVID compliant. None of this affected the fantastic exhibits. All the local nurseries created stunning outside displays and show gardens. There were talks, activities, and demonstrations.
Nick Smith, The Harrogate Spring Essentials Show Director, commented “It feels an absolute privilege [to be the first show of the season]. It’s been such a long time in the making and the idea that we’re all here and we’re all enjoying ourselves in such a great atmosphere… the show is safe, it’s spaced out, with limited visitor numbers, so everyone can enjoy themselves.”
The Show Must Go On
Martin Fish from Pots & Trowels visited the very first show of the season and reported back with the highlights. In the featured video below, you’ll get a wonderful insight into what to expect when you attend an event like The Harrogate Spring Essentials. To find out more, read on and watch the video.
Highlights from the Harrogate Spring Essential Show
- The incredible flower displays, bursting with colour and delightful smells.
- It’s not just about flowers! Shows like the Harrogate Spring Essential show offer expert advice from growing plants to managing your veg plot.
- Displays of herbs and veg, ideas for succession growing and tips for cultivating in small spaces, like on balconies.
- Tools, equipment, garden furniture – anything you want you’ll be able to get from a garden show. It’s not just about inspiration, it’s about getting started on your garden projects too.
- Enjoying the show gardens and immersing yourself in their creativity. From one show to the next, you’ll be in awe of the gardens that have been created.
If you missed out on The Harrogate Spring Essential Show, it’s not too late to enjoy and experience other horticulture shows across the UK in 2021. We’ve rounded up the best garden and county shows in 2021. Come and visit the Darlac stand while you’re there!
Garden and County Shows Not to Be Missed in 2021
- South of England Show – June 11–13
This show is carefully curated by the South of England Agricultural Society. The show features show jumping, heavy horses and displays of the best of British livestock, and there are lots of shopping stalls too. Numbers are restricted, but the showground is ‘Good to Go’ venue, so join in the family friendly fun at this event.
- Blenheim Palace Flower Show – June 25-27
The stunning Blenheim Palace looks even more incredible when it’s filled with its annual gardening extravaganza. Over the weekend you’ll find over 350 exhibitors selling everything you’ll need for your home and garden.
- Hampton Court Flower Show – July 5-11
Set in the historic grounds of Hampton Court Palace, this flower show just happens to be the world’s largest annual flower show, stretching over 34 acres. There is something for every gardener at this show, it really is one not to be missed.
- Chenies Manor Plant Fair – July 18
The plant fair at Chenies Manor attracts some 70 specialist nurseries from across the UK to display and offer their plants. After the cancellation of the show in 2020, everyone is looking forward to a spectacular offering this year.
- Newbury Garden Show – July 31-Aug 1
The Newbury Garden Show returns for 2021. The weekend event brings together gardening, home, and lifestyle in stunning surroundings. Celebrate the great outdoors with this show.
- Hyde Hall Flower Show – August 4-8
RHS Garden Hyde Hall Flower Show aims to provide advice, talks, demonstrations, and specialist nurseries. Plus, you can explore the grounds whilst you’re there.
- Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural Show – August 29-30
“Celebrating the country way of like since 1837”, the Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural show won’t disappoint. With gardening, outdoors and animals it will be a show for all the family.
- Wisley Flower Show – September 7-12
It’s all about shopping at the Wisley Flower show. You’ll find outstanding shopping and expert gardening advice all mixed with unbelievable flower displays.
- Harrogate Autumn Show – September 17-19
Tickets for the 2021 Harrogate Autumn Flower Show include admission to Newby Hall’s magnificent gardens and adventure park! It’s going to be a bumper event.
- Malvern Autumn Show – September 24-26
The ultimate harvest festival! The Malvern Autumn Show is a family affair, with flowers, food, and fun.
We are looking forward to seeing you at these incredible shows. You’ll be able to shop the Darlac cutting tool range, stock up on your garden gifts and so much more! Which shows will you be attending?